Evalina Rose and her little sister Posy Anna are the main characters of a series of children's stories that I am writing. In this blog I will share the final stages of crafting their half scale house--Honeysuckle Cottage--and the miniature stuff that will make up the settings of their stories.

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Violet's French Dress

I have not posted anything for a while, so I thought that I would show you Violet's new dress and her baby's bassinet. 
 I am not done with either, but I like to show things in progress.  I am going to add some more embroidery to the hem line and bodice of the dress.  The bassinet will get some flowers added to the rim and a pillow. 
 This project is growing in some interesting ways and I will share them in the future. 

I decided to join the Marie Antoinette craze. 

Violet and her baby

Back of the dress


I made the bassinet in the same manner as described in my Basket Tutorial. I made a special form to work on , and I am very happy with the results.


Have a great week,

19 comments:

  1. Lucy, her dress is Gorgeous!!! I Love the embroidery and Marie Antoinette wore some of my Favorite gowns! :)I am currently trying to make that style gown for my Lady Rat for the Tree House... I have not shown it yet....! Your baby and cradle are too tiny to be believed! I can't see how you knit so small!!! Some day I am going to try your method of hat making too! I look forward to seeing what is next!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dearest sweet Lucy, this is such a beautiful set!! I am so loving the dress and that gorgeous bassinet! You are so very talented sweet sweet friend! I am still waiting for your lovely package to arrive! Happy mid-week and love to you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow! Violet is quite the regal lady in her beautiful gown. Her baby is scrumptious too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful.You must be so happy with the way she turned out.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous dress! I am amazed you have been able to catch the essence of that dress in knitwear!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Violet's French dress and the baby is just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lucy quel joli travail !
    La robe est très belle et élégante avec de beaux détails.
    Le petit berceau et le bébé sont très mignons, je suis bluffée !
    Bonne et belle journée ! rosethé

    ReplyDelete
  8. Violet and her baby are beautiful.

    Kind regards Xandra

    ReplyDelete
  9. has hecho un gran trabajo

    besitos

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Lucy! Violets dress is the prettiest little dress I have seen! Absolutely gorgeous work! I LOVE the little roses trim - so very cute! x

    ReplyDelete
  11. The dress is very elegant.
    Greetings, Faby

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the dress. Really nice work and the baby and the cradle are so cute

    Lil in Sweden

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lucy, the French dress of Violet is so wonderufl as the tiny roses are. The craddle and the tiny bay are adorable and amazing!
    Hugs, Ilona

    ReplyDelete
  14. Violet's dress is simply beautiful. I cannot believe how tiny you can knit. I love the bassinet and adore the tiny baby.
    Wonderful work!
    Hugs, Drora

    ReplyDelete
  15. Violet's dress is really beautiful. I can't wait to see it completely finished.
    Geneviève

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lucy, I think this is the most beautiful dress you've done to date! Your detailing is amazing. Do you plan the pattern first?

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW... I am just getting into mini knitting and your stuff is just incredible... http://fortheloveofminis.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete