Evalina Rose and her little sister Posy Anna are the main characters of a series of children's stories that I am writing. In this blog I will share the final stages of crafting their half scale house--Honeysuckle Cottage--and the miniature stuff that will make up the settings of their stories.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Getting Back on Track

Iwanted to thank Sumaiya Mehreen of The Mini Food Blog for putting my pictures in her postings for Easter and giving me the impetus to get started--an Easter deadline.
 Now I must get back on track. Today I worked on my climbing rose.  I decided to add buds and I am glad that I did, I like them.  I am using cold porcelain and food coloring.  I also Started Posy's bed.  I am using a Cassidy Creations kit--Single Rope Bed 5001.  You can get these kits at Scale Designs http://half-scale-miniatures.com.  They are well worth the effort.  I find that they go together easily and are delicate but sturdy.

One last Easter picture...the actual cake with models.
New rose buds.
Getting the first leaves on is difficult for me...I am in awe of all the flower makers out there.
New buds.  I clip the tails off with a nail clipper when they dry

Today's Work

I am trying my hand at painting.

Thanks for looking,
Lucy


   

3 comments:

  1. Amazing flowers and so many! You must have a lot of patience. All your work is so pretty. Gill x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy to have found your blog, your works are very beautiful!!!
    Luisa

    ReplyDelete
  3. He encontrado hoy tu blog y me ha encantado ver tus trabajos...Esas rosas son preciosas y llevan ¡mucho trabajo!. Un beso

    ReplyDelete